Friday, February 13, 2009

Haven't Registered Your Guerrilla Valentine Yet?

WHAT are you waiting for? Haven't you seen me: pages of German writing, with a painted, pounding red heart, all wrapped in colorful string with a special tag telling you where to take me?
It is perfectly safe. Pick me up, take me home and go to this blogspot and leave a comment.
You have a "guerrilla valentine" and we're all waiting to see what you do with it.
Here's what I propose: Take the contents of the valentine - go ahead and tear it apart - and make something from it. Maybe a page for your art journal. (You do have one, don't you? If not, now's the time to start!)
I will add the original photo of Sainte Therese, since a clearer version of her would be helpful. Take some glue and stick her down. Paint her, give her a bracelet to wear, gild her in gold. Do whatever you want. Make her a dress from the torn German book pages. But please come visit and let me know you found your valentine.
(I hope the famous photo at the top of the blog hasn't frightened you, but Robert Doisneau's "The Kiss" was actually a staged moment, I guess. Looks very real to me!)
So here is another photo of a guerrilla valentine left at the library near the duck pond. If you find this one I hope it's before it's rained! - femminismo, blog provocateur

No comments:

Post a Comment